Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Time Waster

Let me just say, I am never riding in a lesson again. Or at least, never riding Rush in a lesson again. COMPLETE waste of time! I love my barn, and the people at it, but the BO is just.. useless. It started out promising- she noticed Rush's tendency to over bend to the inside and told me to emphasize outside rein and leg. Promising, right?

It all went downhill from there. We trotted maybe 2 minutes, then started cantering. We cantered right first, which was good, but then she had me switch direction after only one or two laps, which is definitely not enough time for Rush to acclimate. Then Rush spooked from a horse coming up behind her, and things kind of fell apart. I got her back, started walking around until she stopped jigging, and then did circles on the inside at the trot until I could feel her relaxing a little more. BO, meanwhile, was shouting at me to take her over the pole that was in the middle of the ring. In whose mind is that a good idea?!?!?! Then she made me go straight to jumping- after probably 5 minutes of flatting total, and kept telling me to SLOW DOWN.. so it got to the point where Rush could barely make it over the jumps without a huge effort. Rush was a champ, of course, because she knows how to jump, but I just wanted to strangle the BO. At the end she had be trot a figure eight, and kept telling me to half halt. COME ON! It's not like we're speeding around the ring. It's a nice, quiet, pleasant working trot. Just because you think my horse is out of control doesn't mean she is- and if I wanted her to slow down, all I would have to do is close my inner thighs because she's listening to me, not running around willy nilly.

Ugh. So that was.. not worth it. On the upside, I had some great rides over the weekend and her flying changes are really coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment