Saturday, August 25, 2012

Amounting Issues

Ugh. Rides like these make me want to scream and cry and pound at something. I'm so frustrated right now I don't really know what to do with myself. I knew this was coming; it's been building up in the past few weeks but it doesn't make easier to take. I feel so unfulfilled from this ride.

It's really nothing new. It's happened before. I know it'll happen again. But really, Rush? All I was asking for was a little straightness. You didn't have to freak just because my inside leg swung back a few inches to straighten you out. I even gave you time to decompress, but nooo apparently once I've committed the biggest sin ever of actually putting my leg on your side everything is ruined and gone to shit and the whole world has to pay because of me.

I just.. ugh. It feels better to rant about it a bit, but honestly having a bad ride is the perfect way to ruin the day and it's really hard to just boost yourself out of the "well gee that was crap" mood. I tried to end on a good note.. and kept trying.. for like half an hour, until I decided I best stop before we try to kill each other. I walked her out bareback because I was so frustrated I knew she would try to jig if I kept the saddle on.

This sort of behavior /should/ be unacceptable. She should know that it's not okay to blow up and get indignant every time I ask her for something she doesn't want to do. But I don't know how to push through it. She's not reacting maliciously or stubbornly, and once she gets set off it's near impossible to work her back down to rideable.

To top it all off, we're still having issues at the mounting block. 

We did not look like this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment