Saturday, August 18, 2012

Splish Splash




In preparation for.. something, the water complex in the jumping ring was filled up this week. Given Rush's obsession with water, I had been praying that it would be filled at some point during our stay. I had actually come up pretty late to ride, due to extreme heat and social obligations, and was just doing a light 10 min walk/trot hack to let her stretch out but didn't really have time for anything more. And then I saw this. So that ride was mostly us tromping around in the water, nose to the ground, splashing water. I vowed to come up really early the next morning to let her play more, since I didn't know how fast the water would dissipate.

Bright and early, 7:00 the next morning we were tramping back down to the ring for more play time. I had suited up in some rain boots my sister left me, since my old ones are for 7 year olds and come up to my mid-calf. I led her into the water.. and water promplty seeped into my right boot. Eeps. I sucked it up and let her have her splishy splashy time, which she loved, and we wandered into the water during our ride as well. Whenever I rode on the buckle and let her decide where to go, we ended up back in the water.. Hmm..

Today there was still some water in there, so after our awful/wonderful ride we practiced walking, trotting, and cantering into the water. No hesitation. My pony is awesome. I think she liked cantering the best because it makes the biggest splashes..


No comments:

Post a Comment