Monday, August 13, 2012

Life Goes On

Where did we leave of? With the mystery lameness, I think. A quick update, then, to get us all caught up. I had another vet out for a second opinion because I was seriously considering buying Rush. He basically did the same tests as the first- nerve block on the pastern, she trotted out sound, then x-rays. Except this time, the x-rays revealed something! She has a 'significant bone spur' in her coffin joint. The vet was confident it was treatable and that she had a very reasonable chance of being sound, so I went ahead.. and bought her! We injected the coffin joint, gave her two days of handwalking, and voila.. sound horsie. He also recommended 2ยบ wedges on her front feet, which hasn't happened yet but I'm working on finding a farrier.

I moved barns in a very dramatic and traumatic situation, which I'll blog about some day when I can write about it without getting upset. As of August 1 we are now at a new place with state-of-the-art accommodations and basically everything you could ever want. It's a Dressage/Eventing barn, and whilst we are Hunters, right now we're just doing walk/trot flatwork building up conditioning again.

Rush is blossoming; she loves it at the new place. It's pretty low-key there, there are only 7 horses on the property right now and I am definitely the youngest person there. The horses there are all huge goofy warmblood geldings, so obviously Rush is the princess of the place and everyone loves her. There's so much to talk about that I couldn't possibly cover it in one post, so I'll leave you with a picture of her in her wonderful new stall :)



No comments:

Post a Comment