Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Busy Busy Bee

Rush is scheduled to leave tomorrow morning, and I'm kinda freaking out because man, it's SO CLOSE! I had my last ride at the barn and it was so bittersweet; I'm really sad to see this chapter of my horse life close because it's been so good to me. I really could not have asked for better care, and everyone there is so friendly and welcoming that I felt like I belonged there even though I was easily 10 years younger than the next youngest person there. The facilities are top notch and it really just opened my eyes to just how badly neglected my last barn had been.

The Coggins paperwork was finally tracked down, thank goodness, so that's all taken care of. I've packed my tack trunk chock full, barely managing to squeeze everything in. It's definitely a tight fit. I'm leaving a saddle and bridle behind, as well as some spare legwraps and a saddle pad or two.. but otherwise pretty much everything is coming with. Just remembered, I forgot the treats. Oops. I don't really have room for them, so I guess I'll leave them behind as well.

Rush got a nice bareback hack today, then a fungus back to get her scrubbed clean. I'll be back in a few hours to give her some time in the turn out and brush her more, as well as finish the packing aka lock everything in the trunk and label it. I express mailed the deposit to her new place yesterday to make sure that it would get there before she did, so I'm relieved that everything's taken care of on that end at least. I'm really having a hard time realizing this is it.. no more late night chats with Sue, no more treat assembly lines down her row.

I'm supposed to be packing for myself too, but there hasn't really been any motivation. Mostly all I've done is cleaned up my room and done a ridiculous amount of laundry. After Rush leaves I'll really need to kick my butt into gear and get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment