Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lazy Few Days

The past two days have been pretty laid back. Yesterday the vet was supposed to come to pull blood for a Coggins test and do a health certificate, but I guess there were some emergencies and he ended up rescheduling. Unfortunately he didn't make that call until I had waited for three hours at the barn.. oh well. Today it was ridiculously hot and humid, so I walked around bareback for ~20 minutes until she was sweating and breathing heavily, then tossed her in the turnout for a few hours.

Friday we had an AMAZING ride. I opted for a saddle since my bum was getting a little sore, and Rush just buckled down and went to work. It was awesome. She was steady and relaxed into the contact, and her focus was on and everything felt great. We had some wonderful trot work and some lovely canter work, and it's rides like these where I wish we could start jumping! I don't want to push her too fast, though, and she still has balance issues that have manifested in straightness issues that I want to work out before we move up.

Hopefully tomorrow it will cool down some, so that I can actually ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment